/ Partner AW Stockport (and Peak generally)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
janegallwey 07 Oct 2019

Hi,

Just moved to New Mills and looking for climbing partners for Awesome Walls Stockport this winter, daytime or evening. Obviously grade doesn't matter indoors as can just climb different routes but would be more keen to climb with experienced outdoor climbers rather than newer people as I'm generally a bit nervous about belaying etc.  Also keen for rock if its dry. I work for myself so flexible on hours.

My logbook is pretty current, I've been trad climbing for >15 years low Es. As for indoor goals, this winter I'd like to try to stop being such a chicken and actually lead some 7as instead of just toproping them. That would probably involve conquering my deep seated fear of falling off on perfectly safe indoor routes though 

Cheers,

Jane

Andy Hardy 07 Oct 2019
In reply to janegallwey:

Don't know if you're looking to join a club, but the Mynydd has loads of members in New Mills, we should be outside on Tuesday, but given the current forecast are likely to be at AW Stockport (check the FB page for confirmation)

janegallwey 07 Oct 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Thanks, that sounds great, will have a look at their page.

Post edited at 15:57
AlanH10 08 Oct 2019
In reply to janegallwey:

Three of us climb Tuesday mornings. 2 girls and me - the old man. Feel free to call round and see if you want to train with us. Ask the staff about us  - Alan, Tina and Jane.

Nordie_matt 17:27 Wed
In reply to janegallwey:

No longer in the Peak, and a random question, but you didn´t by any chance knock about with Alistair and Chris (crusty punks) from Belfast about 12/13 years ago?

janegallwey 15:18 Thu
In reply to AlanH10:

Thanks Alan sounds great, I'm away for the next couple of weeks but might pop down the first Tuesday morning I'm back.

planetmarshall 17:17 Thu
In reply to janegallwey:

Hi Jane,

Welcome to the correct side of the Peak. Will drop you a message.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.