/ MIA Trainee Guided Scrambling (Scotland) Offer

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
LucaC - on 03 Apr 2019

In preparation for my MIA assessment, I would like some more practice taking two clients guided scrambling. I'm based in Fort William and have availability throughout April if anyone would like to join me. 

Obviously, at this time of year, the weather can change dramatically so we would only be looking at objectives which are snow free.

Please message me via UKC.

The standard trainee MIA disclaimer is also required; 

As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Post edited at 16:06
Pipecleaner - on 04 Apr 2019
In reply to LucaC:

Hi, I will be free on Wed 24th April...potentially the tues also but won't know about that til nearer the time.  Live near Stirling so can travel.

Let me know if this is any use to you.  

LucaC - on 08 Apr 2019
In reply to Pipecleaner:

Thanks, I'm free both those days, so drop me a message via UKC so I have your email address and we can organise something.

I still have plenty of days free in April if anyone else is available - as I said, I'm really keen for taking two people at a time to practice that aspect of my ropework.  

Tetleysteabags - on 08 Apr 2019
In reply to LucaC:

Hi Luca!

Me and a friend are available this Sunday - we don't have much experience with roped climbs (we boulder), but have done indoor climbing/belaying.

We are based in Glasgow and can travel up to meet you.

I could also possibly get another 1-2 people organised for Saturday too if you're free then.

Thanks!

LucaC - on 08 Apr 2019
In reply to Tetleysteabags:

Fantastic! Send me a message via UKC so we can sort out some details via email.

Tetleysteabags - on 09 Apr 2019
In reply to LucaC:

Sent you a mail!

Garethza - on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to LucaC:

I would be keen on any weekend, although its just me so if there is another straggler around that wants to join me it should suit you! 

DM me!

LucaC - on 15 Apr 2019
In reply to LucaC:

I think I've replied to everyone who sent me a message! I still have availability in April if anyone else is keen to get out scrambling.  

LucaC - on 10:59 Sun
In reply to LucaC:

Last call for April! I've still got a few free days.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.