UKH

/ MIA Mock Clients Needed

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
LucaC - on 31 Aug 2018

In preparation for my assessment in October I'm looking for mock clients to take climbing and scrambling in Snowdonia. I'm going to be based in North Wales for the whole of September and October so have plenty of flexibility for dates. 

I'm looking to practise my multi pitch teaching skills and scrambling with clients, but if there is something specific you would like to do, I can be accommodating. 

Ideally, taking two mock clients at a time is perfect, but I can work with anything! Preferably you will have done some climbing or scrambling before and have all your own personal kit.

The usual disclaimer for the MIA mock clients required post:

As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Cheers,

Luca

LucaC - on 02 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

I've had some good reposes so far but still have some dates at the beginning of September I would like to fill up, especially next week. Message me via UKC if your interested. 

Ted44 - on 02 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

Hi Luca.  I can do any date next week; my strong preference is for multi-pitch vs routes.

Best method of contact is email.  mo is 077 664 565 28 (This is often switched offbeat I do check for texts)..      Ted

LucaC - on 06 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

I’m free on the 10/11th of September if anyone would like to go scrambling or climbing then. 

Powell - on 10 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

HI Luca, I am free most weekends.  I have done a mock client day with another MIA trainee, it was a useful day.  I am leading VD and occasional S.  Seconding HS.  Happy to do scrambling or multipitch or single pitch.  Powell 

Kasta - on 12 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

Hi Luca,

I might be around in Snowdonia next week and would fancy meeting up to do some multi pitch scrambling / climbing, would like to visit Tryfan east face to do some of the routes on there.

let me know if you’d fancy a mock student for a day.

Cheers, Chris

L MrB1960 - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to LucaC:

Luca, my (grown up) daughter and I will be in North Wales and available from Sunday 30th September until Tuesday 2nd October.  I am an experienced, but out of practice, climber while my daughter is a relative novice who has done a little off and on over the year.  If you had availability we'd love to spend a day with you and happy for you to dictate the content of the day.

Stewart

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.