Loading Notifications...

Looking for TRAD PARTNER in the PEAK DISTRICT

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 AlanPine 12 Sep 2020

I'm a 28 year old male who has recently moved to the Peak District and am looking for climbing partners.

I have been sport climbing for a few years and after doing a "learn to lead" trad course with the Peak Climbing School at the Roaches in July, I want to get as much mileage in as I can on easier routes. I'm still fairly slow at building anchors but getting quicker and feel comfortable leading up to HS, happy to second higher grades.

I am based in Chapel-en-le-Firth, have a rack, rope and car - Available most of the time at the moment: weekdays/evenings and weekends. - 07516 758 862

Post edited at 18:52
 KieranFussell 12 Sep 2020
In reply to AlanPine:

Hey AlanPine,

I am going to be going back Nottingham in 2 weeks, and it would be great going out trad climbing with someone in the peak district regularly.

Weekends would be great for me... Would that work for you?

Kieran

AlanPine 12 Sep 2020
In reply to KieranFussell:

Absolutely Kieran, weekend work for me. Sounds like a long way off but next weekend I am free to climb is second weekend in October, shall we try and get out then? 

AP

KieranFussell 12 Sep 2020
In reply to AlanPine:

Yeah, defiantly! Second we of October works for me.

I currently don't have a phone as it is broken. Would you mind staying in contact via facebook messenger?

mrphilipoldham 12 Sep 2020
In reply to AlanPine:

Hi Alan, 

I’ve just recently moved away from Birch Vale and was out most days of the week when it was dry! I’m now in Hebden Bridge and still available week days and still happy to travel, albeit the eastern edges and Roaches are quite a trek. If you’re interested in Chew Valley/Lancashire/West Yorkshire areas then there’s bloody loads to go at! Leading up to E1 at the mo but generally happy on owt. Drop me a mail

Post edited at 21:09
 AlanPine 13 Sep 2020
In reply to KieranFussell:

I don't have facebook, but you can email me on here and I'll pick it up. 

barchman 14 Sep 2020
In reply to AlanPine:

Hey man,

I've just finished up my "Becoming Independent" course at the Climbing School so if you need a second, or want to start off top roping and doing some anchor set up practice let me know. I live next to the Roaches but I'm happy to travel anywhere, I've got harness, helmet, ropes and some protection. 

I'm a competent indoor belayer and outdoor boulderer, but im keen to get some outdoor experience in before the winter, so let us know.

shamonster 10:47 Thu
In reply to AlanPine:

Hi alan,

I'm recently moved to bolsterstone, just north of sheffield. I work offshore and do some mountain guiding , so I'm free quite a lot, especially in between school times... happy leading up to e1 and more than happy to give some technical advice building anchors etc..

Free tomorrow and monday daytimes, cheers si

In reply to AlanPine:

Hiya, we are your local club www.BuxtonMC.co.uk . As expected things are a bit weird this year but we still have members getting out. Drop us a message through the website and I will see if I can get you linked up with some people

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.