Loading Notifications...

Looking for climbing club or friends (Newcastle)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Leon_JF 10 Nov 2020

Use to rock climb when I was young recently started getting back into it and I am looking to make some new friends local to Newcastle or join a club of some sort...

Post edited at 10:07
 spenser 10 Nov 2020
In reply to Leon_JF:

The Northumbrian Mountaineering Club is a really friendly group of people which normally runs an active meets program around the UK.

I've only met a couple of members of the Wanneys, however the members I do know are pretty friendly.

joem 10 Nov 2020
In reply to Leon_JF:

Hi Leon_JF I'm involved with the Northumbrian Mountaineering Club. We're always looking to welcome new members of all skill levels so you'd be very welcome with us. Unfortunately right now we're not doing any real life meets however we're doing as many zoom events as we can and have ideas for meets as soon as we can do so while following government and BMC guidance. 

Edit: for spelling

Post edited at 14:47
 Leon_JF 10 Nov 2020
In reply to spenser:

Thanks Spenser I shall give them a look into 😊

Leon_JF 10 Nov 2020
In reply to joem:

Hi Joem that sounds great! Would certainly like to get involved with club to meet and learn new things, once you lockdown is over and meetings resume I’ll be sure to pop along sometime 😊

Post edited at 15:08
 JefB 10 Nov 2020
In reply to Leon_JF:

Yes I'd recommend the NMC a great bunch and very active at all grades summer and winter.

Wednesday nights at the valley in normal times.

Leon_JF 11 Nov 2020
In reply to JefB:

Thank you I’ll be sure to check them out once lockdown is over. 

glaramara 11 Nov 2020
In reply to Leon_JF:

If you join a club leon, then fair do's. However if you do want a few local climbing partners to, then pm me. I climb through the winter season as well but never at a particularly high level.... 

joem 11 Nov 2020
In reply to glaramara:

Or do both, it may be easier to make plans with an individual in the very near future.  Clubs are just another way to meet people to climb with and hopefully the NMC makes this easier but it certainly not the only way.

Leon_JF 12 Nov 2020
In reply to glaramara:

Hey man yeah I am up for some climbing sometime to be honest I would prefer to make friends rather then just joining a club but joining a club is still appealing and something am definitely going to look into 

Post edited at 15:03
 mikekeswick 21 Nov 2020
In reply to Leon_JF:

Hi, I'm always looking to get out. Just drop me a PM.

I've tried sending the NMC an email to join up and never got a reply?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.