Loading Notifications...

Looking for a fellow climber to improve my trad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shan.Paige 15 Mar 2020

I enjoy sport climbing outdoors (come on British weather!!) but everyone says that the trad routes are the best climbing routes in the UK. I'm looking for a fellow climber to trad climb with when the weather looks good. 

I'm based on the Bucks/Oxfordshire border so am happy to drive up to the Peaks or North Wales, even to the south of the UK (but I don't know much about the trad climbing down south). I haven't got my own gear so ideally would be looking to share, but can borrow from local club if preferred. 

Currently projecting a 6b+ on the wall indoors and happy to climb 6a outdoors (odds of climbing it cleanly aren't high though haha). Have lead up to a S trad climb and would like to push this but want to build up trad mileage too. 

Available days: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 

Ideally looking for someone with a similar ability so we're improving together    

mrphilipoldham 15 Mar 2020
In reply to Shan.Paige:

There's a few of us who climb out in the Peak during the week, you'd be more than welcome to join! Feel free to drop me an email

In reply to Shan.Paige:

I'm in a similar position and have gear! I'll drop you a message.

In reply to Shan.Paige:

Ahh, you'll have to drop me a message. 

yllo 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Shan.Paige:

Hi Shan, take a look at the Aylesbury Climbing Club http://www.acc.org.uk/.

We have ~65 members based over Bucks, Oxon and Herts.

Whereas we don't have any instructors, we do help new climbers get out safely onto the crags at our monthly meets. Many members get out for day trips and such and tend to be arranged through the club FB.

Feel free to DM or email me... I'm based in South Bucks.

aylesburyclimbingclub@gmail.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.