Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Loading Notifications...

Kalymnos May Bank Holiday 2nd to 10th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Haynesdavid 25 Feb 2020

Looking for partner/partners or just to tag along if anyone is there or wants to join me.

Accidentally booked flights for the wrong dates hoping to do a guided thing with "rock and sun" a miss print in their brochure has led me here.

So im flying out there on my own. Going old school.

Lead upto 6B+, Projecting 6C. Will belay anything.

Goal would be to send a roof. 

Been to Kaly once before looking to stay in massuri.  Recommendations appreciated.

Dates are 2nd May til the 10th. £250 flights. Flight out on BA back on Easy, great times to make the ferries.

4 days holiday alocation from work as it uses bank holiday friday.

Post edited at 18:21
 ConorS 26 Feb 2020
In reply to Haynesdavid:

Hey, I’ve been wondering about doing pretty much exactly the same. I bought the Aris Theoporopoulous guidebook for Kalymnos just a few weeks back a few week back. Haven’t fully looked in to it yet, but am definitely interested. Half commenting here just to remind myself to take a proper look into things later after work.

FWIW im currently climbing indoors at the same grades you posted, including the projecting 6C. Only ever climbed outdoors once before in the Peak District but my goal for the year is to get out more! 

Haynesdavid 02 Mar 2020
In reply to ConorS:

Hey Mate, Ive only just seen this reply, where in the UK are you based?

Feel free to shoot me an Email @ haynesdavid1988@gmail.com.

Regards,

JRZ 08 Mar 2020
In reply to Haynesdavid:

I might head out there at that time.  I've been there a few times and itching to go back.

JRZ

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.