/ Glasgow mid-week wall partner

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L MissCharlie 09 Sep 2019

Hi, just relocated to Scotland. Going to be working in Glasgow and would like to get to a wall once or twice a week after work hopefully from about 4pm for a couple of hours, could be different times/days each week. I'm on holiday this week so would be looking to start week commencing 16th.

Advice on which wall is best would be great as havent been to any of them yet.

Been climbing over 10 years but not regularly the past couple for various reasons. So not looking for a hard core partner working their 8a projects etc, just partners to enjoy some routes with so I can build up my climbing fitness and leading head again. In return I can assure you I am a sound belayer! Held many a fall in my time.

I'm a 40 year old female and am not fussed wether I climb with men or women as have climbed with both over the years.

My mobile number is 07519 538090 or email charliefarlie79@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers, Charlie

gman2012 09 Sep 2019
In reply to MissCharlie:

There's the Climbing Centre in Ibrox and the Climbing Academy with 2 venues in Kinning Park and Maryhill. Also Climbzone in Braehead which I haven't been to but has auto belays and is affiliated with TCC in Ibrox.

TCC in Ibrox is in an old church, there's a 15m wall with top ropes, leading and auto belays and a small bouldering area in the basement. You can find partners on Scottish Hillwalking & Activities  meetup group.

TCA Kinning Park has bouldering & a training area and the Maryhill place has bouldering and a small roped area with an 8m wall, auto belays, top ropes & leading. Their training area is apparently opening soon. I think the new member deal gives you a month's unlimited climbing at both venues for £30ish.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.