/ Cogne/ Chamonix partner end of Jan- February

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
bigredsquirrel 10 Jan 2020

I'm looking for an ice climbing partner for Cogne, end of January. I’m based in Trois Valleys for the winter with plenty of time off and a van. Looking to start on easy routes at Cogne and work up (led alpine AD+/D- last August, led Scottish III very comfortably last February). Would like to get on routes on the Mont Blanc massif in February too depending on conditions.

I worked as a climbing and gorge walking instructor in Cogne last summer, so I'm very keen to go back this winter for the climbing AND the best Italian coffee around..

UK qualifications WML trained, RCI qualified, advanced first aid. Drop me an email if you're keen   Thanks, Ben

L Bill Daniels 10 Jan 2020
In reply to bigredsquirrel:

Hi bigredsquirrel, It all depends on how ambitious you are. I've been ice climbing for a long time and have been climbing in Cogne at least a dozen times if not more. I'd be interested in doing a bit this winter, but there are a few potential issues. I am 62 years old, not as fast and strong as I used to be but WI 4-5 should be fine. 5+ would be pushing it for me.

And I've lent all my ice screws to my daughter and they are over in North America for the winter. I've got double ropes, but they are no longer "dry". Other than that, I've got a 4x4 vehicle and 40+ years of experience and a fairly flexible schedule (comfortably semi-retired). I live near Geneva, CH.

Regards,

Bill

contact me at williambdaniels@icloud.com or +33608039067

Post edited at 13:13

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.