Loading Notifications...

climbing partner needed-easy trad or sport

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 jk 10 Jul 2020

Hi,

I've taken early retirement and want to get back out climbing if possible, only easy stuff nowadays though Diff/VD at the moment maybe S/HS after a few weeks getting the feel of things .

all my own gear,guide books, transport etc.

Based in Staffordshire but can travel up to maybe an hour or two.

can do most days but not late evenings.

many thanks.

john

Ted44 12 Jul 2020
In reply to jk:

Hi John, I'm in a very similar position to yourself: early retirement and climbing as much easy trad as I can. Not that keen on sport.

Based in Liverpool, my outings are governed by the forecast

Have been climbing 30 years. Happy to climb at Roaches or anywhere in Peak. I particularly like Stanage.  I do most of my climbing in N.Wales if ANYONE ELSE is interested.

Ted 07766456528

Roger Martin 12 Jul 2020
In reply to jk:

Hi. I'm aged 55 and still working! I climbed quite a bit between the ages of 15 and 45 doing lots of the classics and a handful of "Hard Rock" routes. I then ran out of steam and played golf for 10 years (also put on a bit of a middle aged spread). I want to get back into low grade trad climbing. I live in Cardiff but would be happy to travel to the Peak District or North Wales. I have the first two weeks of August off work and nothing to do at the moment. It would be good to get a day/s climbing in. Roger Martin 07502029456

Post edited at 13:49
 n1ge 12 Jul 2020
In reply to jk:

I'd like to get out and do some nice easy trad. Available most days during the school holidays. Based in Wolverhampton, can get to the Roaches, Eastern peak or North Wales quite easily.

Thanks, Nigel

jk 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Roger Martin:

hi roger,

sounds good,

i'm around the Peak until 12th August, got a few things already pencilled in with the wife but drop me a text and i'll see if i'm free.

many thanks.

john 07971087518

Post edited at 07:39
 jk 23 Jul 2020
In reply to n1ge:

hi Nigel,

sounds good, i'm around the peak until mid August , then off diving for a week or so in Malta, i could meet before i go, if live near you so maybe do peak/llangollen area when i get back.

john 07971087518

Ted44 27 Jul 2020
In reply to jk:

Hi is this the John with whom I climbed at Stanage last week?

Regardless of the answer to that question, I am retired; I climb easy trad every week and am anxious to increase the number of partners as many of my passed partners are giving up.   

Ted.     Answers wellcome from ANYONE ELSE in a similar position            

jk 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Ted44:

hi ted, yes, i climbed with you and Andy at Stanage last week.

see you this wednesday again, weather permitting.

john 07971087518

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.