UKH

/ Climb Partner Manchester/Climbing club ideas

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Daveyc86 - on 07 Sep 2018

Just moved to the area and looking for a training partner. Currently leading around 6c+ indoors and redpointed a few 7as. Want to find a partner who has loads of psyche for training indoors and out! Trad, bouldering, sport, indoors or out - keen for it all!

Unfortunately work a 9 -5 so limited on on times but most weekends / evenings I am free!

Also open to any recommendations for clubs that have a good vibe and loads of fun!

Drop me a text or a message (07887 532 539) always happy to climb. Level of climbing for partner doesnt matter -  much prefer having fun trying and hard!

Hope to meet you all soon!

Dave

dominic o - on 08 Sep 2018
In reply to Daveyc86:

Welcome to the epicentre of UK climbing! (slightly tongue in cheek, as I know the Sheffield mafia and Beris crew both lay claim, not to mention north of the border ;-)) 

Anyway, Manchester is certainly a great base, and if you want to get in touch with a local club I'd suggest The Rucksack Club https://rucksackclub.org/ - National club with its roots in Manchester and probably half of its 500 members in the area; 150 meets a year (including Wednesday evening climbing every week) and three great huts in The Pass, The Lakes and Glencoe for when you want to go further afield.

If you want an intro and also a chance to sample the best outdoor climbing within easy reach of town, how about coming along to  Hobson Moor Quarry on Wednesday evening. PM me and I'll be happy to show you around.

Cheers, Dom 

Post edited at 10:04

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.