/ Cheddar/Mendips partners/pointers

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
oliboles - on 08 May 2019

Hello. I've just moved to Somerset (near Shepton Mallet) and keen to get out as much as possible - Cheddar, the delights of the Mendip quarries, etc. Mostly a boulderer till now, though not much of that round here so looking for regular bolt-clipping buds at whatever grade. I've only ever seconded on gear but would love to do more if anyone has the time/patience. Good for weekdays and weekends at the moment.

Also if anybody knows the Sally-in-the-Woods boulders and fancies showing me what's-what, I'd be much obliged.

cheers,

Oli

oliboles - on 13 May 2019
In reply to oliboles:

bump. not that I'm desperate or anything...

beardy mike - on 13 May 2019
In reply to oliboles:

I would offer my services but I'm about to move to Italy! Try joining the Bath and Bristol Climbing Friends facebook pages...

oliboles - on 13 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks Mike, will do. Good luck in Italy, sounds a real chore..

L domg - on 09:27 Wed
In reply to oliboles:

Hey Oli

We moved to Frome last year and I've been on the hunt for people to climb with ever since! There are a few people that climb indoors at Writhlington (https://writhlingtonleisure.co.uk/service/climbing-landing-page/) who also climb outside at Fairy Cave etc.

There is a Facebook group (Frome and Radstock Climbing) you could look at joining.

I'd certainly be interested in meeting up (prob indoor for first meet) and looking at climbing outside. What kind of grade do you climb at the moment? How long have you been climbing? Have you climbed much sport outdoors?

Dom

oliboles - on 16:20 Sat
In reply to domg:

Hi Dom, brilliant - PM’d you

cbonner - on 11:28 Sun
In reply to oliboles:

Hi Oli, check out the Croscombe Valley if you're after some bouldering. Some good bits there and some highball stuff. 

Sally in the Woods is good for bouldering, quite easy to find. Great Western Rock will be publishing details in a guidebook in the future.

Chris.

chockstone - on 12:00 Sun
In reply to oliboles:

Hi Oli. I'm based in Bridgwater and am often stuck for a partner. Cheddars my main crag but more recently have been spending a lot of time cleaning/climbing a small crag much closer to you. If interested give us a txt or whatsapp and I'll send over more info. Cheers Tom. 07590028422

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.