UKH

Cambridge climbers, looking for others

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MattiR 05 Apr 2021

Hi there guys and girls

I have recently got back into climbing and am looking for people in the cambridge area who would be willing to meet and hopfully help me drag my feeble selfup and over the top. 

C Witter 05 Apr 2021
In reply to MattiR:

You might need a more positive spin, Matti. "Dragging" a randomer up a climb sounds like unnecessary hassle. Have you tried a club?

Kirill 05 Apr 2021
In reply to MattiR:

http://thecccc.org.uk/

No regular trips at the moment for some reason, but keep an eye on it.

MattiR 06 Apr 2021
In reply to C Witter:

Yeah, now i read it back it doesnt quite have the same ring to it as i thought it would.  Probably trying to write this half asleep was ill thought

MattiR 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Kirill:

Had come across this, but there had been no real signs of activity on the page. Have just looked and now seems to be a suggestion of a trip in the future. Thanks

GrahamD 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Kirill:

Hi Kirill,  we'll be doing day trips to start with.  Big hurdle for us is still shared transport.

ptrickey 06 Apr 2021
In reply to MattiR:

CCCC facebook page has over 800 members so a post on there may elict a response.

GrahamD 06 Apr 2021
In reply to ptrickey:

Its fair to say that as a club its hard to officially sanction or organise lift shares, but the use of the FB page to set up impromptu trips is definitely encouraged.  On lift shares, its for everyone as an individual to abide by guidelines and their own judgement as they see fit.

MattiR 06 Apr 2021
In reply to ptrickey:

Will have a look on the fb page. Thanks for the suggestion

kmsands 07 Apr 2021
In reply to MattiR:

I'm a Cambridge-based climber who got into it a couple of years ago (after a bit of experience many years ago in my teens) and am  looking to take my indoor climbing habit outdoors. Was planning last year be going on trips with the CCCC, but the pandemic seems to have put paid to all club activity for quite a while.

Thing is, I'm not yet up to leading trad, so ideally I would want to be climbing with a confident lead in order to first become a more experienced second, then lead myself. Last year in gaps between lockdowns I managed a two-day course in the Peak and a day with an instructor on sea cliffs in Pembroke. I'm happiest seconding around the VS grade and can set up anchors, abseil, belay, etc. What's your own level of experience?

Not much gear, but I do own rope, harness, helmet - and car. Very keen to get away for some climbing trips this year.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...