Buying and Selling on the UKH Forums
Guidelines for Safer Trading - For Sale/Wanted Forum Terms
The For Sale/Wanted forum is for informal trading between registered users of UKH who can quickly and easily buy and sell items amongst a highly targeted audience of like-minded individuals. Once the advert has been placed, the rest of the deal is up to the people involved, this includes arranging payment and sending the goods between the parties. UKClimbing Limited can't offer any support beyond displaying the initial post and all transactions are carried out at the risk of the people involved - please read our Guidelines for Safer Trading and our For Sale/Wanted Forum Terms.
There is no charge for posts on the UKH ForSale/Wanted Forums but UKH Supporters can include photos with their posts to help sell items more quickly. Find out how to become a UKH Supporter.
Please consider the following points when making your post:
- Write clearly the item that you are selling in the thread title. Keep this short since the length of the title is limited, but make it clear so that people searching for similar items can easily find it.
- Don't include links to any external sites in your post. This includes links to the sale being made elsewhere or a photo site with images of your items.
- The price you set should be for the total of all the items for sale in the post. Each individual item should have a price in the post as well.
- The price you set for an item is a guideline. If you are open to offers then state this in the opening post but don't price an item at £20 if you aren't prepared to accept £20 for it. Buyers - If you offer on an item priced in the £20 region, and the person doesn't accept the offer because it is too low, then please contact us.
- Accept the first realistic offer. This is not an auction site so please be reasonable and accept the first realistic offer you get. Then go on the post and mark it as 'item(s) sold'.
- Follow the thread closely and respond to questions.
- As soon as the deal has been done post this information clearly on the thread. Please don't email us to ask us to remove the thread.
- Don't sell an item on a second site like eBay or Facebook at the same time.
- Don't try and sell your items on other people's threads.
Guidelines for Safer Trading
These are recommendations of actions you may consider if you are wary.
- Check the posting history of the seller by looking at their registered date and clicking on their username to find older posts. New users are not allowed to sell for four weeks after registering.
- Be wary of people posting lots of new, or nearly new, items in multiple posts. This may be a sign of stolen gear so please contact us.
- Try and communicate with sellers using a phone number. This doesn't need to be posted but get it off them before you send money.
- If dealing with large payments suggest doing a part-payment as a deposit.
- If dealing with sellers with no history then request a reference from them from someone on the forum who does have a history.
- Post feedback for successful transactions.
- Establish a history on the forums before you sell gear. You can not sell gear for four weeks after registering.
- If selling a lot of gear or a large value item then become a UKH Supporter and post your sale items with a photograph. The commitment shown by being a Supporter gives people more confidence in your trading, will probably sell the gear more quickly and with less hassle.
- Don't send gear without receiving at least a substantial deposit.
- Get a phone number and check it if trading using deposits.
- If dealing with a buyer who has no history, then request a reference from someone on the forum with a history.
- Post feedback on successful transactions.
For Sale: Terms and Conditions
- The forum is for use for private trading of personal second-hand goods between registered users of UKH only.
- No links to external auction sites should be included in the posts.
- Private trading of goods bought specifically to be re-sold on UKH is not allowed.
- Commercial trading of trade goods and end of stock items is not allowed - please check our advertising options.
- The terms for transactions carried out on the UKH For Sale Forum are the responsibility of the buyer and seller but they must comply with the UK Distance Selling Regulations (2000). This includes offering a refund for price paid for goods returned within a 7 day 'cooling off' period; and a full refund, including all postage costs, for goods returned because they were faulty or not as described.
- If you use the forum to buy and sell goods, you do so at your own risk.
- Posts made on the forum must not involve anything illegal under UK law.
- UKClimbing Ltd. accepts no responsibility for loss or injury incurred as a result of placing ads on the For Sale/Wanted Forum.