Villa accommodation for hill walking in Lanzarote

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BrisaSoleado 13 Jan 2013
Hi All,

I am not much of a walker, but I have a number of friends who are.

My post is because I have recently purchased a villa in Lanzarote, and I hear this is becoming a popular destination with hill walkers. Personally I can see the attraction, the landscape is very different and the views are amazing. The villa I have purchase is on the side of Montana Roja, I suspect this is just a bump to hill walkers, but I enjoy a ramble up the with my 10 year old.

To get to the point, is Lanzarote becoming more popular with Hill walkers?
Should I be marketing my Villa to hill walkers?

It is a luxury villa with it's own pool etc, starting at £550 p/w. The reason for giving this info is, if you travel to Lanzarote for a hill walking holiday, is it all about the walking, or are you going to do some of the pool and sun bit while you are there to. Will the other half and kids be tagging along, and not be hill walking.

Your comments are much appreciated. I have not included names and links because the would just be marketing, and I believe this site changes for that (rightly so).

Thanks

Stephen
tim white 05 Feb 2013
In reply to BrisaSoleado: Hi Stephen,
For what it's worth, my wife and I have had two very enjoyable villa-based walking holidays in Lanzarote in recent years, staying in Soo. We went in January both times, with the aim of getting some winter sun. We walked most days, although some days it was just a few miles combined with a bit of swimming in the sea (neither of us like lying on the beach for hours, and the pool at the villa was a bit chilly in January).We saw some other walkers, a few Brits but probably a minority. Hope this helps.
Tim
 Al Evans 05 Feb 2013
In reply to BrisaSoleado: Probably worth mentioning the lava caves, something we don't have in the UK and easily done with little more gear than a torch usually.
http://www.cavesoflanzarote.co.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...