The Complete Lancashire 2000ers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 04 Jan 2022

A New Year gesture of good will to Lankyman and my friends from the Red Rose County. 

Bob Kemp 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Thanks - I assumed I would have been up all of these but was surprised to find White Maiden was a) once In Lancashire and b) over 2000 feet. 

OP Pete Pozman 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bob Kemp:

White Maiden is 253rd on the list of 257 Nuttalls (Wikipedia) with a height of 610m or 2001'

It has a prominence of 23m.

And I have consistently walked past it...

The old County boundary follows the River Duddon down from the Three Shires Stone so Harter Fell is in old Cumberland but White Maiden is in old Lancashire. All the Coniston fells are wholly in Lancs. They were when I first went up 'em in 1971 and had been for hundreds of years. 

Post edited at 18:09
 Bob Kemp 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Not the most distinguished hill is it? Just looks like any old moorland, and not even on the way to anywhere else. 

tintinandpip 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Depends where you are walking from / to, as a resident of Broughton White Maiden is a fine ( and always quiet ) approach to the Coniston range. 
It also provides superb views when walking back from Dow to Broughton forest as the sunsets over the sea. ( I will post a pic on latest pictures) 

tintinandpip 04 Jan 2022
In reply to tintinandpip:

Picture is posted, looking from White Maiden to White Pike and the Duddon estuary. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...