Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 22 Jun 2022

Just a mesage of thanks to the climber who gave my mate a lift tonight back up the Kirkstone to retrieve our cat parked opposite the Inn. We had been been thumbing for over 1 and 1/2 hrs having missed the infrequent bus. Also the lady that offered me a lift without being asked. We had a great day traversing from Red Screes to Helvellyn. Thanks again.

abr1966 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

In 1981 I was doing my O levels, my 2 mates had finished theirs but I had one exam left. We were backpacking the Lakes and had walked it flat over the previous 8 or 9 days. The deal was that we would all head home in time for me to do my last exam. The morning came in the campsite at Glenridding, it was absolutely hammering down and everyone told me where to go...!! I walked alone from Glenridding up the pass with no food, no money and an empty belly. At the inn a bloke in a pickup offered me a lift to Windermere station and bought me some chips before he dropped me off.....I'll never forget him....brings a tear to my eye every time I remember it!

Dave Hewitt 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Just a mesage of thanks to the climber who gave my mate a lift tonight back up the Kirkstone to retrieve our cat parked opposite the Inn.

We have a cat that's prone to wandering off like that too.

Run_Ross_Run 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

My misses cats the same. Always needs retrieving. 🙄

montyjohn 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

> We have a cat that's prone to wandering off like that too.

Cats at pubs drinking pints of milk is an increasing problem.

olddirtydoggy 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I could hear the purr of your engine in Sheffield as you pulled away from the pub.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...