Sgurr a' Ghlas Leathaid from Achnasheen?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 24 Apr 2019

Has anyone tackled this beautiful hill from the north, Achnasheen road, as opposed to from Strathconan?

Thanks

ScraggyGoat 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Not personally, and not directly from the N but from the W, my partner did include it on a wander from the Invercroft club hut on the Achnasheen to Achashellach road to Muir of Ord (or vice versa).  With a bivi en route watching the Northern lights. Apparently it did involve a bit of heather, tussoch bashing and bog hoping as you would expect, but nothing too onerous............................

Disclaimer: She is (very) good at that sort of terrain.

I've always looked across at it from the N, and thought striking hill, must bivi on top of it sometime. Let us know how you get on............no obvious reason why the the landrover track and stalkers paths via  Badinluchie wouldn't work (note forestry operations might be ongoing at present).

Post edited at 13:23
 Tringa 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Its going to be a bit of a trek but as said the track and path from the Achnasheen road look good and might be better than the shorter but rougher walk from the south.

It is a cracking looking hill and given its central location the views could be superb. Given good weather it might be possible to see a sunset over Skye on one day and the sunrise over the Moray Firth on the next.

Dave

OP Mike Lates 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Cheers guys. If it was just me I'd maybe give it a go as a run but me old pal Annmarie might not appreciate it on her 66th birthday as much of treat! Her inspiration tho- passed it every time on the train and always had the ambition. I remember the same sentiment back in 84 when I 1st saw it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...