Ruigh Aiteachain Bothy Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigLob 14 May 2023

Im planning  a bike trip taking in Ruigh Aiteachain bothy in Glen Feshie. Does anyone know if you can access it from Feshie Lodge on the west side of the river? There looks to be a bridge at the end of the public road but I heard it had been washed away a few years back. 

Welsh Kate 14 May 2023
In reply to BigLob:

There is a bridge just over a km south of the car park at the end of the road at Achlean on the east side of the river; that's the most southern bridge over the Feshie now. You can of course to wade across it further south; if the river's really low you might get across the braided sections.

OP BigLob 14 May 2023
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Cheers

In reply to BigLob:

Much better bike ride by starting at Tolvah on south side of the  river and crossing at the bridge near the lodge. Road is  metalled most of the  way.  

Post edited at 19:31
 Dr.S at work 14 May 2023
In reply to BigLob:

I can’t comment on bike access, but walked past the other day and it’s bloody lush - far too nice to be a both!

elliptic 14 May 2023
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

> Much better bike ride by starting at Tolvah on south side of the  river and crossing at the bridge near the lodge. Road is  metalled most of the  way.  

That's the bridge that isn't there any more!

rif 15 May 2023
In reply to BigLob:

The estate track running up the W side of the glen past Glenfeshie Lodge fords the river at NN 852906, and the ford is usually OK with a bike in dry weather (snowmelt excepted, but I doubt that's a problem this far into the year). Using it would allow a short anticlockwise circular ride starting from Tolvah and getting back to the W bank via the bridge Welsh Kate mentioned. There's also an excellent longer circuit starting at the glider strip near Lagganlia and taking the W bank footpath at Feshiebridge.

You need to be aware of two get-off-and-walk bits on the E side: one about 1.5 km S of the bothy, and the other at the mouth of Allt Garbhlach about 2.5 km N of the bothy. The latter is avoidable by going about 200 m upstream. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...