Munro suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lucid_Dreamer 03 Sep 2020

Hi

I'll be staying near Glen Etive at the end of the month and I'm looking for some suggestions of a Munro or two in the local area (up to an hours drive).

I'm fit and healthy and have a decent amount of hillwalking under my belt but I'm looking for something reasonable relaxing (rather than a big day out) and not too taxing/stressful with navigation. I'll have a dog with me (whose much fitter and more agile than me).

Thanks in advance.

Kalna_kaza 03 Sep 2020
In reply to Lucid_Dreamer:

Buachaille Etive Beag is the obvious choice that springs to mind. Close to where you are staying, high start point so it's not very taxing and has a clear path up to the bealach from which you have easy access to two Munros with great views.

spenser 03 Sep 2020

The Buchaille Etive Beag Munros would be pretty suitable, I saw several very happy dogs up there the other day. 

Welsh Kate 03 Sep 2020

I agree on Buachaille Etive Beag, it's a super 'little' hill with fantastic views from two summits and a lovely - very safe and wide - section of ridge between them. That'd be number one on my list.

skog 03 Sep 2020

As said, Buachaille Etive Beag is really the perfect choice, and gives you an easy pair of Munros with great views.

If you want another, I'd suggest Beinn Fhionnlaidh, from Invercharnan.

OP Lucid_Dreamer 03 Sep 2020

Seems fairly unanimous! Thanks everyone. 

Tringa 03 Sep 2020

Have a look at the walks on the WalkHighlands site - lots of info with photos to give a good idea what each walk is like.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...