NEW ROUTE CARD: Meall Chuaich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Looking towards distant Dalwhinnie from Meall ChuaichThis isolated Munro may be a bit of a dull rounded hump, but its stand-alone position in the central highlands makes it quite the viewpoint, with long-range angles on Ben Alder, Creag Meagaidh, the Monadhliath and Strathspey. The easy approach on an estate track would be much quicker by bike.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=1270

Harry Jarvis 07 Jan 2020
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I wonder if I should go back and do this hill again? I recall tackling it back in my Munro-bagging days, having travelled from the south of England one Easter. The whole weekend was accompanied by blizzard conditions, and had I not travelled so far, I doubt I would have ventured out of the door. As it was, I felt distinctly out of place as I parked the car on the A9, and wondered as to my sanity, with very poor visibility, driving winds, and no break in the weather in the foreseeable future. Fortunately, my navigation was up to scratch and I made it up and down in good time, without ever having seen much more than 100 yards in front of me. It was one of those occasions when I seriously questioned the point of Munro bagging. 

Mark Bull 07 Jan 2020
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

It's not the most inspiring hill, though you can vary the return by dropping NW to the end of Loch Cuaich, and (optionally) include the Graham Creag Ruadh. I have ski toured it, but it doesn't hold snow as well as the other Drumochter hills.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...