Interactive Map of Bothys, BMC huts and hostels in UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
freddie 13 Apr 2017
Hi, ive made a map with all the Bothys, BMC huts and Hostels in mountainous areas in Britain. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fO7ryvCZl_n5fdD5uhPzxNVsRPs&usp=shari... If you'd like to add anything drop me a message.
 Big Ger 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Tidy, many thanks.
 Welsh Kate 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

This is a great resource - thanks.

There are some bothies in mid and south Wales though - they're on the MBA website if you want to add them
 Luke90 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Wow, good effort!
 the abmmc 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Lots of errors in that. Good effort though.
 ScraggyGoat 14 Apr 2017

In reply to

The base Bothy map I've seen several years ago, wasn't valid then, nor now. Best to stick with the MBA handbook or check on their website if not a member.

Vast number of 'lost' bothies from the 1990s and before included. Some still standing and locked, others burnt down or roofs collapsing and some repurposed.

Nice 'try'......(wink)
Post edited at 10:18
 beh 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Nicely done but a lot of the information is very dated, what's your source?

Several of the SYHAs listed are closed - Carbisdale, John O Groats, Inverey, Melrose, Broadmeadows, Loch Lomond. Inverey closed ~10 years ago!
 malky_c 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Blackburn of Pattack! I don't think so - not for a long time
 OMR 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Hate to add to the list in view of how much effort will have gone into this, but Luibeg is a locked cottage. The bothy that sat beside it was burn down about 30 years ago and replaced with Bob Scott's Bothy (which you also have marked, fairly close to its actual location). But Luibeg is not open and I'm sure the estate won't like seeing it on there.
 Tom Last 14 Apr 2017
In reply to freddie:

Nice work. This is of minor importance but I believe Camasunary has been taken back into usage by the estate, but who have in their generosity provided a new building on the far east side of the bay near where the path drops in from the Elgol road iirc away from the location of the original building on the west side of the bay near the river.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...