Glencoe scrambling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 04 Jul 2019

Aside from Curved Ridge and the AE, any scrambling recommendations? Pref grade 2, will consider 3.

Ta

d_b 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

It's only grade 1 but rhyolite romp is a pleasant half day.

pasbury 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

If you can rope up then quiver rib is very good but it is a Diff not a scramble. If solo then ignore.

Removed User 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Dinnertime Buttress?

A good way onto Stob Coire.

Captain Solo 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

I don't have the guide to hand but there's a couple of ribs on the south side of Beinn na chrulaiste (sp?) if you wanted to be in the sun. Or Chasm to Crowberry traverse.

OP Flinticus 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Captain Solo:

I've done Pink Rib there a few years back. Easy but nice and well within my then dog's ability. 

My current dog is slightly injured so am looking at scrambles I could not attempt with a dog.

OP Flinticus 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Mark Bull:

Sron na Creise looks good. Just wondering about crossing the river in Glen Etive to get to the start.

GForce1 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

When I did it it was a knee deep wade, or for the sure footed a trickish bolder hop.

timparkin 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

We did Sron na Lairig in the rain which felt like a 3 but was probably a 2 in good conditions. 

youtube.com/watch?v=IyB_1duPtBA&

Up Dinnertime and down the zig zags would be a nice round route

Tim

Mark Bull 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

> Sron na Creise looks good. Just wondering about crossing the river in Glen Etive to get to the start.

I have never done the river crossing: either walked in from the main road near the Kingshouse or traversed round from the ski car park. Both fairly rough going, mind! 

colinakmc 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

North Buttress is just a tad harder than Curved Ridge (in summer) and at least as good fun.

alan moore 05 Jul 2019
In reply to Captain Solo:

Yes; Summit Buttress on there was surprisingly excellent, easy of access and with great views.

OP Flinticus 07 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Thanks all. Lots of suggestions there for the next time my dog has a limp and the weather is fine (rare times indeed)!

Did Sron na Creise. Lovely rock though I wish it were more extensive, i.e. none of the grassy bits!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...