Full-onFisherfield!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Start and finish at Gruinard Beach. Taking in Saill Mhor, An Teallach(all11 tops), Beinn aChlaidheimh, Sgurr Ban, Mullach Choire Mhic Fhearchair, A,Mhaighdean, Ruadh Stac Mor, Benn a Chaisgean Mor, Beinn Dearg Mhor and Beinn Dearg Bheag.. Can Anyone work out the total ascent?

Marek 05 Jul 2020
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Bikehike.co.uk would tell you...

Any thoughts,Dan Bailey? I think I mentioned this round before but decided to chuck in Sail Mhor And Beinn a Chaisgean Mhor for good measure. Graham baggers  could  add Beinn  a  Chaisgean Bheag 

Mal Grey 05 Jul 2020

At a very rough and ready estimate, plotting on the Walk Highlands maps but not being very exact about the route, you're about 75km and 6500m of ascent/descent. This will be over simplified I'm sure, and assumes easy river crossings exactly where you want them too, so maybe add on a fairly significant bit spare! Wasn't sure which AT tops were needed so may have underestimated that bit. 

vscott 05 Jul 2020

seems a bit harsh to omit Slioch and Beinn Lair....   

In reply to Mal Grey:

Thanks. Mal. I thought it was pushing 20k ft

In reply to vscott:

Yes, iI wondered  about that _as well as addingMeall Mheinnidh and Beinn Airigh Charr.

Ps  this is all as a result of getting home to Gairloch following 15 weeks of lockdown in Glasgow,and too many walks in the Campsies(which nave their own charms. I hasten to add)

rogerwebb 05 Jul 2020
In reply to vscott:

> seems a bit harsh to omit Slioch and Beinn Lair....   

And Beinn Airgh Charr... 

Tough day!

Post edited at 20:11
 rogerwebb 05 Jul 2020

> Yes, iI wondered  about that _as well as addingMeall Mheinnidh and Beinn Airigh Charr.

>  Ps  this is all as a result of getting home to Gairloch following 15 weeks of lockdown in Glasgow,and too many walks in the Campsies(which nave their own charms. I hasten to add)

Glad you made it back.

In reply to rogerwebb:

Thanks Roger,  long time. since I enjoyed the drive back up the A9 so much.. will at least head for Slioch tomorrow. 

Bloody hell... let us know how you get on! 

In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Only Slioch tomorrow, Dan. I will need to get a lot fitter for the rest!

Dave the Rave 05 Jul 2020

> Only Slioch tomorrow, Dan. I will need to get a lot fitter for the rest!

Shit! TF for that! I was a little jealous of your fitness and day out, but having sobered a little I realise it’s a ‘plan’. Have a good day on  Slioch

Forgot to add Beinm Tharsuinm

StockportAl 07 Jul 2020

Plotted it out, about 80.5km and 6,700m of ascent.

PPP 07 Jul 2020
In reply to StockportAl:

Not in a day, I hope?

StockportAl 07 Jul 2020
In reply to PPP:

I wouldn't want to try it in a day, I know I can do half the distance & ascent in a day on reasonable ground, but up there,not a chance. 

Lankyman 07 Jul 2020
In reply to StockportAl:

It sounds like a good backpacking trip. Haven't done anything in Fisherfield apart from a camp at Loch an Nid which was a bit of a flop. Nice place though. As my next holiday is in August I don't think I can face a full-frontal midge plague.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...