Costa Blanca ridges mini guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim blackford 09 Nov 2018

Hi,

Im flying out to alicante this winter and looking to get on some (very) long ridge routes

Does anyone know if its possible to buy the Costa Blanca ridges guide without going through the app store (i dont have any apple products), or is the old pdf still available somewhere?

Alternatively are there any other guides that would be useful? ive found the very useful route details on mountainjourneys.co.uk

Thanks,

James

In reply to Jim blackford:

It is only available through the app but they are fully covered in the Spain : Costa Blanca book - 

https://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/costa-blanca-2013/

Have a good trip

Alan

Mark Eddy 09 Nov 2018

Thanks for the mention James, and glad you've found the info at Mountain Journeys of help so far.

I'm actually working on lots more of these, but nothing will be ready for a while yet.

There is a local guidebook 'Crestas y Aristas de la Comunidad Valenciana' by Joan Crespo Sempere. This has 23 route descriptions and topos. He includes a description, in 6 stages, for the Castellets ridge. It is in Spanish, but even without speaking the language you'll get a good idea of what each route entails.

I'm not sure where currently stocks this, so if you have bother locating it let me know and I'll find out more.

All the best

Mark

Post edited at 15:28
OP Jim blackford 09 Nov 2018

Thanks Alan, my climbing partner just bought the costa blanca guide as its £20 on coldmontain kits so il take a look at it.

Mark, that book looks perfect for what im after. Ive found it online for 10 euros but postage is another 25 to the UK. do you know if anywhere in the uk stocks it or if theres somewhere local that always stocks it? Im currently thinking of ordering to the orange house or something similar and picking it up when i arrive?

Failing that i might drive around and see what looks good and go for an adventure.

All the best,

James

Mark Eddy 09 Nov 2018

Hi James,

As far as I'm aware nowhere in the UK stocks it.

There's a list of local (Costa) stockists here: https://www.facebook.com/Crestas-y-Aristas-de-la-Comunidad-Valenciana-53822...

The book shop in Calpe (Libreria Europa) is central, easy to find, and friendly, so maybe head there. They speak good English too.

Lots of adventure to be had out here that's for sure. Enjoy.

Mark

Sam Mayfield 14 Nov 2018

When are you out with us Jim as that book looks interesting so I can try and get some copies to sell here, or at least a copy for us.

Sam Orange House 

Sam Mayfield 15 Nov 2018

Jim I just followed your link and ordered a few, lets see how fast they get here and what it is like, if good we can order a few and keep here for people.

Booked your camping spot!

Sam Orange House 

Andy Say 15 Nov 2018
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Now THAT's service

OP Jim blackford 16 Nov 2018
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Sam,

Il drop you a message to confirm when ive booked flights etc.

Thanks for ordering the guidebooks

Jim

Andrew0000 02 Dec 2018

how do i get the app please i am not good at that sort of thing! thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...