Ben Nevis Ledge Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 r1ch79 19 Apr 2017
Hi Im looking at the above and am after the best guide book for scrambling that route in particular

Can anyone offer any pointers?

something akin to North Wales scrambles by Gary Smith but obviously one which covers Ledge route on the Ben

Cheers
In reply to Mike Peacock:

It's also in 'Classic Mountain Scrambles in Scotland' by Andrew Dempster, if it's still in print.
 Pids 19 Apr 2017
In reply to wannabeagoat:

This is def still in print!

Scotland's Mountain Ridges
Scrambling, Mountaineering and Climbing - the best routes for summer and winter
by Dan Bailey

Have a good trip.
 Simon Caldwell 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> It's also in 'Classic Mountain Scrambles in Scotland' by Andrew Dempster, if it's still in print.

Great little book, was out of print for many years but reissued last year by Luath Press
 Flinticus 24 Apr 2017

You still looking for route info? I put together my own Internet harvested doc and can send it to you via email. I did it alone on a quiet day so couldn't afford a route mistake.
Removed User 24 Apr 2017

There's a new SMC guide due out this year. In the meantime this might help.

http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi...
 Jasonic 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Possibly covered in snow this week ?!
 Joak 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Jasonic:

It certainly was last week, and apart from me devoid of other people.
 Iain Thow 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Joak:

The Ben has snow down to about 400m at the moment, although no depth and very little old stuff. (and the SMC scrambles guide including it should be in the shops in 2 to 3 weeks, at the printer now)
 Joak 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Iain Thow:

Excellent news Iain, looks like I'll be making a hot of the press purchase in a couple of weeks time.
 Simon Caldwell 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Iain Thow:
> the SMC scrambles guide including it should be in the shops in 2 to 3 weeks

oo, what area does it cover? Is it the long awaited (by me!) Highland Scrambles South?
Post edited at 16:54
 Iain Thow 26 Apr 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Yes, includes the Cairngorms; Nevis and Glencoe; Rum, Mull and Arran, plus the west coast from Knoydart south to Arrochar and Galloway. 216 routes, plus variations and minor stuff - should hopefully keep you busy for a while!
Hope it gives you lots of fun,
Iain
Removed User 26 Apr 2017
In reply to Iain Thow:

(and the SMC scrambles guide including it should be in the shops in 2 to 3 weeks, at the printer now)

Afternoon Iain,

Think I've outed there mate. Greatly looking forward to the book coming out, god knows you've worked hard enough on it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...