Beer gut...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bryn keating 28 Dec 2012
So it's almost new year resolution time and this year im in need of losing a few pounds. I just find it hard to get to the gym without an incentive. Last year I walked west highland way and spent a couple of months prepping for that (fitness wise). So thought I should set another challenge via mini expedition.
The problem is lack of time and money.
I need a two or three day hike that's gonna challenge the shit out of me, preferably one with hostel stops, as don't fancy bravin' winter camping at the mo! And it needs to be fairly local to south yorkshire so scotland is out of the question sadly.
ADVICE NEEDED??
In reply to bryn keating: Surely from where you are based the obvious choice is to do a good chunk of the Pennine Way. Alternatively, starting from near to your home, you could plan a jaunt south through the white peak which, IMO, is the far nicer part of the Pennines.
OP bryn keating 28 Dec 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: yeah it is an obvious choice but i've already walked it as far as Hawes. You're right about heading into the white peak, it is far more interesting landscape that way. Im probably being lazy, need to get the maps out!
In reply to bryn keating:
> (In reply to TheDrunkenBakers) yeah it is an obvious choice but i've already walked it as far as Hawes. You're right about heading into the white peak, it is far more interesting landscape that way. Im probably being lazy, need to get the maps out!

Yeah you do There are lots of walks both well known e.g. Manifold Way and others less well trodden which can be joined to make, I would suspect, a very interesting few days.

PaulHermes 28 Dec 2012
In reply to bryn keating: Hi, Try any of The Inn Ways, i did the Dales one a couple of years ago and loved it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...