7-12 day trek recommendations May 22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 16 Jan 2022

My 18 yr old daughter is on a gap year and we're both looking for a suitable trek, either in UK or abroad.

About a week long and no longer than 12 days

Initially, I considered the Tour du Mont Blanc but our dates are mid May and I feel there will too much snow for trekking.

Any recommendations will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Doug 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Rick Asher:

Look at the French network of GR -https://www.gr-infos.com/gr-fr.htm should get you started. Depends on how snowy the winter will be but maybe a southern section of the GR5 ? Or if we end up with a lot of late snow maybe the Cévennes where the Chemin de Stevenson is popular

mk one 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Rick Asher:

Not sure on your fitness levels or what sort of terrain you are looking to cover.

Something in the UK that i can highly recommend, especially at that time of year, is the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. We did it at that time of year, perfect temperature and with the flowers out made the stunning scenery even more so. 

Pedro50 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Rick Asher:

We did the Corsica GR20 in early June in 12 days walking, squeezed into a 2 week holiday from work. Virtually snow free. 

veteye 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Rick Asher:

I've not done any walking on the Costa Blanca(there for the climbing), but I seem to remember that there are some good ridges in the area. I'm sure someone else will tell you. It will be warmer, and maybe too warm, compared to the Alps. I've been too warm in March sometimes.

Forest Dump 17 Jan 2022
In reply to Rick Asher:

Majorca would be lovely that time if year, there's a long distance path across the island and cheapish refuge accomodation. Beach and beer afterwards!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...