Weekend plans...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andrew95 07 Mar 2023

Anybody with a better understanding of the weather than me know where I should be looking to go this weekend? If any of the white stuff is around I am thinking North Wales, but if its going to be as grey and damp as it has been I am thinking Peaks. 

MWIS and the Met are not confident in the slightest (are they ever?) - I think they both agree its going to be wet, but undecided if its going to be snowy or rainy! 

Any time travellers or mystics out there? 

freeflyer 08 Mar 2023
In reply to Andrew95:

Right now, in the south and west, easterly airflow all day, which is good. Seems to gradually get colder as you go north, so Wales might be ok, esp higher up. Met Office say rain in Dorset, however it's been snowing all night, so I'm thinking they got the boundary wrong between the westerly airflow in the Channel and the easterly flow over the UK.

Looking ahead, Thurs/Fri a big low goes through, so wet and windy. Weekend calm and miserable but could be colder in Wales and further north.

Prepare for an icy mudfest

OP Andrew95 08 Mar 2023
In reply to freeflyer:

Icy mudfest.... my favourite category....

Thanks for that. That sort of confirms what I was thinking. From what I have read N Wales is going to get a good dumping Friday Morning. Then in the afternoon its anyone's guess as to rain or snow. 

I think I am going to try and push for N Wales this weekend, I hear the Carnedd calling and there is no better feeling that overwhelming disappointment! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...