UKH summits page not found

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will_Armstrong 29 Nov 2021

I'm an avid logger of both climbs and walks, but struggle to log summits on UKH currently as when you click into a summit from the hill map I get "page not found" - So I have to find a ticklist containing the summit and use this to add the route (Works most of the time but not every hill is in a ticklist)
Oddly, I can access the pages of summits I've already logged from my logbook (just can't access them through the hill map)

In reply to Will_Armstrong:

Sorry about that. I'll look into it.

Fruit 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

May be part of the same issue, I can log summits via UKC, but not ukh.

cheers

sad, I know 😎

In reply to Fruit:

The logging issue should be fixed on the UKH pages now. You might need to force refresh the page if it's still not working. That's Ctrl+F5 on a PC, Shift+Cmd+R on Mac Chrome.

Hiya, I've had a look through and can't reproduce this bug. There's quite a few different places the maps are on though. Can you paste a link to the page you're getting the problem on please?

Cog 30 Nov 2021

I reported this a week ago using the button at the bottom of the page.

In reply to Cog:

Sorry, I can't find a message from your email address.

Post edited at 11:25
 Mike-W-99 30 Nov 2021

So if you go to any hill, I used https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/hills/sail_chaorainn-11600/

Then click on the summit link at the bottom you'll get an error.

The summit doesn't seem to matter, they all produce the same error.

Hope that helps?

GeoffC 30 Nov 2021

I don't know if this is part of the same issue, but on UKH I just tried to add a complete ticklist to my Logbook in one go (by ticking every one of them individually - I can't see any 'Select All' option) and I got an internal server error:-

---------------------

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

-------------------

I already added one complete ticklist by the same method and that worked, this one fails consistently, possibly because it's bigger, more than twice the number of entries.

Fruit 30 Nov 2021

Cheers Paul, works now.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

This is fixed now.

In reply to GeoffC:

Hi Geoff, it sounds like you might've tried to add too many at once and the server timed out while processing them.

Maybe try to add a smaller amount and then add to it. If you still have trouble please send me an email with the link to the ticklist please.

Mike-W-99 30 Nov 2021

Good stuff, thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...