The Sierra Nevada and Aljapurras in Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 12 Mar 2018

I went for the second time to visit the Sierra Nevada in Spain on the last week in February. This year the weather was kinder to me and I got to better explore there huge mountains..the story of the trip is here..https://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2018/03/the-sierra-nevada-and-alpujarra.htm...

I hope you enjoy,

Stephen

russellcampbell 12 Mar 2018
In reply to goatee:

Really enjoyed your report of your trip. A few years ago I did Mulhacen from Capileira staying at Poqueira refuge. Intention had been to return via Trevelez but path was closed due to hard packed snow. - In August. Doing these mountains in winter is a different prospect.

PaulW 12 Mar 2018
In reply to goatee:

Nice trip report. Lovely area for hiking and great cycling round there too.

redsonja 13 Mar 2018
In reply to goatee:

Fantastic report and pics. Thank you for sharing them. We are going to the Sierra Nevada in may- after reading this I'm looking forward to it more than ever

Billhook 13 Mar 2018
In reply to goatee:

Excellent report from a part of Spain many don't reach - including me!

OP goatee 13 Mar 2018
In reply to redsonja:

Thanks for that. I would be interested in seeing how different things are then. Hopefully it won't be too dry and hot for you. The Aljapurras and the white villages are stunning.

Matt Podd 13 Mar 2018
In reply to goatee:

We had a couple of weeks staying in Capilliera a few years ago. Loved the place, fantastic wildlife and flowers. As you say great walking, but not really mountaineering. Went up Mulhacen and even in May it was bloody freezing on top. Surprised at the lack of snow you met. Did you eat a lot of ham - Trevlez is the ham capital of Spain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...