Summer ML vs Hill and Moorland leader training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

An opportunity has arisen for me which requires a Moorland/hill leader qualification. Several years ago I completed a ML summer training week at Plas y Brenin (best week away in a long time!) but never returned for assessment. 

Am I right in thinking that the ML ticket is a more 'in depth' version of the moorland leader? I'm not too keen on paying for another training week if I can help it and I don't at this time require the full ML (although I would love to qualify one day). There is another training provider closer to me which also provides the moorland course and I am wondering if I could just book the assessment weekend instead. 

Many thanks for any info 

MuckyMorris 27 May 2019
In reply to ungifted_amateur:

Having done the training last autumn, doing the HML assessment soon afterwards was a definite option, so the training does count. It is as you say, more in depth in certain areas. As to the dates that you did yours, sorry I suggest you check with Mountain Training or  the provider. However as you can use QMDs of any age for the pre requisites I guess you would be okay,

Good luck with whichever option you go for.

Post edited at 16:02
In reply to MuckyMorris:

Thank you for the advice. I couldn't think of anything that would be on the moorland syllabus that wouldn't be covered in ML training. As you say though I will check with the provider. 

Alex Riley 27 May 2019
In reply to ungifted_amateur:

If you have done your ML training, you can go straight to Hill and Moorland leader assessment.

In reply to Alex Riley:

Thank you for the info mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...