Suggest me a Lake District Walk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben_Climber 15 Jun 2018

Thinking around the Skiddaw/Blencathra area.

A good scramble or ridge would be good and decent day out (10 mile or more?).

Fire away!

Cheers

lucozade 15 Jun 2018
In reply to Ben_Climber:

You could park at Scales, bit of a walk to ascend via Halls Fell, then back down to Scales Tarn, up Sharp Edge then maybe back down via Foule Crag back down to Mousthwaite Combe. Gives a couple of scrambles rather than up one and down one and bit more interesting and longer than a simple 'round'. Probably 10km or so at a guess.

Or you could extend the length a lot by starting at Mungrisdale, up Bannerdale Crags scramble, down to the convergence of paths at Mungrisdale Common, track along to Scales Beck, up Sharp Edge, along to Blencathra, back down Doddick Fell, head along and up Halls Fell then back to Mungrisdale by going to the west of, then north past Bannerdale Crags and back down to Mungrisdale. Probably around 16km+ and 3-4 scrambles of various lengths and (relative!) 'difficulty'.

Post edited at 10:08
In reply to Ben_Climber:

A slightly more manageable take on Lucozade's idea would be Bannerdale Crags East ridge (not quite a scramble, but very good) then over to Sharp Edge for the hands-on stuff, then home (Souther Fell optional en route): https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=841

Mark Bull 15 Jun 2018
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

+1 for this: that's my favourite walk in the area. 

Tom the tall 15 Jun 2018
In reply to Ben_Climber: park in Keswick, bus to threlkeld and up either halls fell ridge or sharp edge depending on weather/confidence etc, to blencathra summit, then reverse bob Graham leg 1 down mungrisdale common, up Great Calva and then up Skiddaw from the east, via hare crag, descending in to Keswick for beer/tea and cake etc. More than 10 miles though.

Post edited at 11:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...