STOP RIGHT NOw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 22 Mar 2020

Ok folks, stop travelling to outdoor venues.

If you can’t see your destination from the front door don’t go there. Go for a walk locally but keep at least 2m away from anyone you meet.

wercat 24 Mar 2020
In reply to pasbury:

I can see Blencathra and Cross Fell and Great Dunn Fell from here and Helvellyn from just up the street.  Is that OK?

In reply to wercat:

> I can see Blencathra and Cross Fell and Great Dunn Fell from here and Helvellyn from just up the street.  Is that OK?

MRT and BMC say don't. You go with your conscience. 

wercat 24 Mar 2020
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

it is a hard one.   What I do know is that I'm very careful by nature - I wouldn't be a (low) grade soloist without that inclination.  Last time I want for a walk I used my sleeves and walking pole to open and close gates and used surgical spirit to clean my hands.  I got within shouting distance of one pair but that was my closest contact.  Not sure how it will pan out now, but the N Pennines are usually a solitary place.

been washing change after getting back from the shops., acccepted in a bag, never put back in the pocket or wallet.  It helps to imagine coronavirus as bilogical warfare I find as the whole environment outside feels like a threat then

Post edited at 09:58
In reply to wercat:

> it is a hard one.   What I do know is that I'm very careful by nature - I wouldn't be a (low) grade soloist without that inclination.  Last time I want for a walk I used my sleeves and walking pole to open and close gates and used surgical spirit to clean my hands.  I got within shouting distance of one pair but that was my closest contact.  Not sure how it will pan out now, but the N Pennines are usually a solitary place.

> been washing change after getting back from the shops., acccepted in a bag, never put back in the pocket or wallet.  It helps to imagine coronavirus as bilogical warfare I find as the whole environment outside feels like a threat then

We took the kids to the park last night. Quick kick around with the football. Not many out, everyone being brilliant at the distancing thing. But you're right, the looks people were giving each other. That resigned smile masking fear that we Brits do when we're being stoic. Existential indeed. 

Northern Star 24 Mar 2020
In reply to pasbury:

> Ok folks, stop travelling to outdoor venues.

> If you can’t see your destination from the front door don’t go there. Go for a walk locally but keep at least 2m away from anyone you meet.

Are you Boris?  If you are I think you've already announced this to the nation?

JHiley 24 Mar 2020
In reply to pasbury:

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH

JHiley 24 Mar 2020
In reply to pasbury:

I NEED SOMEBODY WITH A HUMAn…..

O wait no.

wercat 24 Mar 2020
In reply to pasbury:

incidentally I think I'll be carrying walking poles with me on anything out of the village.  An experience of dislocating my ankle on a simple bit of footpath walking back after all of the hazards of a solo of Pinnacle on Ridge Sgurr nan Gillean has taught me that the poles allow self rescue even if you can't do more than just weight one of your legs.

I got back all the way  to the Sligachan without aid thanks to those poles even though my ankle was the size of a football next day.  It did take me 3 times as long though!

Post edited at 12:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...