Snowdonia conditions (Friday)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Johnson 10 Mar 2023

I'm supposed to be driving over to our club hut in the Crafnant later today for a maintenance weekend, and am currently pondering the weather conditions. It's pretty mild here in Manchester, but does anyone know what the valley and minor road conditions are generally like in the Carneddau?

Post edited at 10:14
 Andrew95 10 Mar 2023
In reply to Andy Johnson:

No first hand information, but seen a couple of reports on the facebook ground conditions that some of the roads around Pen Y Pass and Ogwen Valley were interesting this morning - around 6.30am, no information on what its like now. 

If its anything like where I am its melting quite quickly / turning to rain. I would think ice is going to be more of an issue tomorrow than anything. 

jezb1 10 Mar 2023

Other side of the park, near Llanberis this morning. It’s pretty snowy.

https://fb.watch/jaMet59Mqs/

It snowed a little again a few mins ago. The small ungritted lane to my house is still impassable by car.

Post edited at 10:35
 Tyler 10 Mar 2023

There’s melting snow on the main road here in the Conwy valley and bright sunshine but I expect it’s pretty thick higher up and as soon as the cloud cover returns I expect it to be pretty slippy. I wouldn’t attempt in my car but if you have a 4x4….

OP Andy Johnson 10 Mar 2023

Thanks for the replies. Meet was postponed in the end due to weather conditions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...