Short walks Morar / Mallaig

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 29 Oct 2020

Hi

Looking for short walk recommendations in this area. Ideally 2 - 5 hrs time and not much ascent!

I've looked at Walkhighlands and spotted the walk to Tarbet along Loch Morar and I knew the walk to the former Peanmeanach bothy.

Anyone wlak up Glen Beasdale or Glen Mamie? Or Borrowdale Burn?

Ta

Dave the Rave 29 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

The walk to Rhu from just beyond Arisaig is nice. Not hilly and perhaps less than 2 hrs, but it can be extended further and retrace your steps. The little beach at Rhu( and I mean a patch of sand) is nice for a coffee.

Removed User 29 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

The Marliyns Carn a’ Ghobhair, Sgurr Bhuidhe & Sgurr na Dubh-chreige are all doable from Mallaig. Follow the coast road eastwards untiled it becomes a track. Take to the hillside at Mallaigmore. Easy to miss out the final hill and use good paths back to Mallaig.

OP Flinticus 29 Oct 2020
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Too much ascent! My wife hates going 'up'

malky_c 29 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

> Anyone wlak up Glen Beasdale or Glen Mamie? Or Borrowdale Burn?

All of those are probably worth a look - I have been up a couple of them (Borodale and Glen Mama) and I seem to remember the paths being reasonably obvious.

What about the Silver Walk down at Castle Tioram? That’s really nice and not too hilly.

Harry Ellis 29 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Glen Mama is really pretty

Lankyman 30 Oct 2020
In reply to malky_c:

> What about the Silver Walk down at Castle Tioram? That’s really nice and not too hilly.

This is good. I also enjoyed the Aird Molach walk nearby. You get through thick forest to open moorland with great views of coast and mountains.

JCurrie 30 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Totally agree with the Rhu and silver walk suggestions.

We stayed in Arisaig last week and also enjoyed the walk to the cup marked stone that is marked on the map, starting in the village itself. My lads were somewhat underwhelmed by the stone...Rather than turn uphill towards it you could continue on the track to Druimindarroch and then come back the same way. A walk along the beach from the golf course car park up to Camusdarroch is nice, then back along the road or re-trace your steps.

Jason

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...