NEW ROUTE CARD: Sgurr nan Clach Geala, Meall a' Chrasgaidh and Sgurr nan Each

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Comprising nine Munros linked by twisting, grassy ridges, the sprawling Fannaichs combine the drama of the northwest highlands with the open spaces of the east. This is a great place for striding out on long days over multiple summits. While it's possible to cover the lot in a single stretch, it's a tall order outside summer, and logistically tricky for transport either end. Munro baggers typically work through the hills over several more manageable visits, and the central peaks covered here make an excellent mid-length day, with some of the best ridge walking in the range.

11.37 miles, 18.30 km, 1,050m ascent, 6 – 8 hours. Ullapool or Dingwall

Read more

In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

That was well timed,Dan. I was on  Meall a Chrasgaidh and Sgurr nan Clach Geala yesterday. Light snow cover to road level and around -5 on the tops. Not a lot of snow but neve forming in patches on lee slopes. A lot of deer around . I counted  about 300 all told. Not a soul to be seen.No bothy bound Fifers with wheelbarrows this time on the track to Loch a' Bhraoin!

Post edited at 17:59
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Is that track wheelbarrow-able? Could be the way forward

In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

A bit gravelly in places by the loch side but pretty flat most of the way.The guy I met in October had a good load aboard including a few bottles!

In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

PS after a brief thaw on Friday there is now a lot more snow on the tops today in Fisherfield and Torridon. Good forecast for Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...