Seathwaite - bank holiday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blunderbuss 23 May 2019

My son wants to climb Scafell Pike and I want to the corridor route....my question is how busy is Seathwaite likely to be on a dry Bank Holiday? What time would I need to get there to secure a parking spot?

Thanks

In reply to Blunderbuss:

Very; and early. Not hugely helpful I'm afraid, but a precise time is probably anyone's guess. I'd personally aim to be there well before 9am (and it's a 3-hour drive for me). It soon gets parked up, and some of the congestion and numpty parking is horrendous.

A sensible alternative would be to drive to Keswick and get the bus down Borrowdale from there. That way you're not becoming part of the problem. It does tie you to the timetable though

OP Blunderbuss 23 May 2019
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thanks, it's a 2.5hr drive for me so I'll probably set off at 05:30 to get there for 8...

Pedro50 23 May 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

That should be OK. You can park in the farmer's field at the end for about £3 anyway. Alternatively drive right to the end then turn round in the turning circle and drive back till you find a bomb proof spot completely off the road. 

Simon Caldwell 23 May 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

or park in Seatoller and walk - there's a pleasant path on the SE side of the valley. Or even Rosthwaite, though that would add 2 or 3 miles at each end of the day.

kaiser 25 May 2019
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Depends a bit on which dry bank holiday...

Whitsun & August - manic

Boxing day - less so.

r0b 25 May 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

We parked there on Easter Sunday which was a beautiful day and it was fine, just use the farmers field and pay £5 (it has gone up).

Mike-W-99 25 May 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

If it’s like wasdale today then horrendous. Glad we parked up at the pub on Thursday. (Escaped today due to gash forecast)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...