Pen y Pass parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Northern Star 02 Jul 2019

Hoping to go and do something on Lliwedd one day this week, probably tomorrow (Weds) or Thurs. 

I know weekends are crazy busy but does anyone know what time on weekdays the Pen y Pass car park normally fills up from?

Simon Caldwell 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Northern Star:

I've never parked there but the advice usually given is about 7am!

In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Its usually easy enough to park at nant peris and hitch up the pass. Or get the bus.

Simon Caldwell 02 Jul 2019
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I usually park down near the PyG and walk up the path

Mark Kemball 02 Jul 2019

Enjoy Lliwedd, good luck with the route finding!

richprideaux 02 Jul 2019

Park near the Pen Y Gwryd and walk up the path. If you park in one of the laybys on the Conwy side of the bridge then there is no parking fee.

Otherwise I would be wanting to get there before 7am to be within a chance of getting a space. 

Paul Sagar 02 Jul 2019

Park at the Cromlech Boulders the night before and sleep in your car. Works for me

Cú Chullain 02 Jul 2019

Was there on Saturday and it was carnage at the carpark by 9am. Was staying in Betws-y-Coed and opted to pay the £2 bus fare to get to the car park instead (plus you get to have a few beers in the youth hostel afterwards).

Northern Star 02 Jul 2019

Great, thanks guys

profitofdoom 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> Was there on Saturday and it was carnage at the carpark by 9am...

It's always carnage at the weekend! --I would never try it then except stupidly early in the morning.... everyone else has the same idea weekends

Forester3 02 Jul 2019

I presume there must have been dozens setting off to attempt the 3000's in a day last Saturday - it was already full at 4.00am....

John Gresty 03 Jul 2019

Try parking down by the power station, follow the pipe line up. Return along the ridge. A nice walk and usually quiet, probably because of the extra height gain. 

I've  always though that the power station is also the proper starting point of the Snowden Horseshoe, a much better route than sneaking in and out the Pen-y-Pass carpark. 

John

Northern Star 03 Jul 2019

Managed to get in there this morning at 8am, last few spaces remaining.  Brekky in the YHA followed by a great (if a little sluggish after a full English) day out on Slanting Buttress, Lliwedd.  Had the whole of the crag to ourselves.

profitofdoom 04 Jul 2019
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> I've never parked there but the advice usually given is about 7am!

But I just have my butler drop me off at Pen y Pass in the Bentley. He picks me up there again later. Why can't everyone do that??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...