Pembroke coast path in winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ringo 22 Dec 2019

Anyone done it? Any gen on wild camping/ dossing en route? Not a fan of "campsites"  Are all the pubs shut in the winter season or does life go on?

winter means Jan-march. Need some exercise to get rid of a stone or two.

Bulls Crack 22 Dec 2019
In reply to ringo:

Grade 1, take a long rope

In reply to ringo:

You won't have any problems wild camping (usual rules apply, be discreet, pitch late leave early leave no trace) in the south plenty of pubs/cafe's stay open in Saundersfoot and Tenby, but after that things might be more limited round to Pembroke. Lydstep tavern normally shuts for a couple of months, cafe in manorbier is shut until march, pub in manorbier only does food at weekends in winter, cafe at stackpole quay normally closes. Stackpole inn and st govan's inn normally open but check in advance if you are relying on them. No shops between manorbier village and angle. (25? Miles)

Post edited at 22:45
 lpretro1 23 Dec 2019
In reply to ringo:

This was in the news a few days ago too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50591761

OP ringo 23 Dec 2019
In reply to mountain.martin:

Ok, that's cool. Looking at maps I reckoned there was plenty quiet enough spots, but good to be confirmed. I'll usually have about 3 days food anyway, so no problem to be a a couple of days with no pubs etc if they are all shut. 

Sounds like it might be better than I expected actually.

thanks folks.

OP ringo 24 Dec 2019

Just discovered that the actual ldp is on google street view. That's really handy for perusing possible doss spots

Removed User 24 Dec 2019
In reply to ringo:

Should be good. I regularly have a trip in early January. This time I'm doing the Skye Trail with a pal. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...