NEW ROUTE CARD: Parlick Pike, Fairsnape Fell and Wolf Fell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Norman Hadley 29 Nov 2022
Parlick rises gracefully over the Ribble plain in a broad grassy cone riven by gullies, after the form of Lose Hill in the Peak. The sudden upthrust from level ground has three immediate benefits: the terrain is well-drained, the long-range views are superb (North Wales is likely, The Wrekin possible) and it’s very popular with aeronauts (mixed flocks of parapentists, gliders and hang-gliders wheel overhead on most days). Parlick forms the backdrop to the lives of Prestonians, so is more popular than many of the local heights. That companionable feel, the dry turf and the busy skies make this a lighter-hearted outing than can be found in the darker heart of Bowland.

6 miles, 9.66 km, 407m ascent

Read more

AukWalk 29 Nov 2022
In reply to Norman Hadley:

A really nice walk this, in good weather at least! I remember sitting near the top of Parlick for a while watching the parapentists fly around with gliders launching from the airfield in the background on a sunny summers day and it was lovely. 

Post edited at 13:23
 steveriley 29 Nov 2022

Nice! Pretty much the route I ran 12 months ago after finding Craig y Longridge seeping. All the better for being unplanned and a bit of excitement from snow and closed roads.

Post edited at 16:09

I did this walk quite a few years ago and despite not seeing much all day we had a great time. I seem to remember a brilliant pub nearby the start that served a superb Meat & Potato pie with peas & gravy at a budget price.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...