Parking at Pen-y-Pass in a hire car... reg plate???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 06 May 2022

We've gone down to one car since COVID happened, and I've always thought "all that money I'm saving just having one car I can just get a hire car if I go on a camp / hike weekend on my own", thinking of going to Wales in a few weeks and wanted to park at Pen-y-Pass but have realised that you need to put your reg plate in and it says no changes....

So I can't see a way to park at that car park in a hire car... (since I won't know the reg plate)?

Am I missing something obvious?

(no one say "get the bus")

Edit - I think I've found the answer in JustPark's FAQs - who would've thought it... it says to put a temp number plate in and then edit it when you get your hire car... but you can't do it less than 24 hours in advance which is somewhat limiting depending on when you're getting the hire car. It's also contradictory to what's on the main booking page for pen-y-pass which says you can change vehicle details at all.

Post edited at 11:10
 static266 06 May 2022
In reply to elliot.baker:

Give the warden office a call at Pen y Pass. I’d imagine that they will be lenient and let you park anyway when you arrive as long as your can prove the booking. I worked at the youth hostel and the car park staff were usually fine with similar issues (changing cars last minute etc.) 01286 872555

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...