mountain leader DLOG

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Explorer-Jason 09 Oct 2018

Hi guys so i have recently started working towards doing the mountain leader qualification and just wondering if anyone could give me and insight into the details I need add in my DLOG for the Quality mountain days. 

bullet points of ideas of what details are the most important to add from a quality mountain day and any other useful information and knowledge is welcome as I am new so would love any advice and information. 

Thank you 

In reply to Explorer-Jason:

> Hi guys so i have recently started working towards doing the mountain leader qualification and just wondering if anyone could give me and insight into the details I need add in my DLOG for the Quality mountain days. 

Are you asking what a quality mountain day is or are you asking what details to include in DLOG when logging your days? 

A quality mountain day (QMD) is a day spend in the hills where the candidate was involved in the planning & leadership of the day, where navigation skills are required away from heavily marked paths and walks generally last more than 5 hours.

Link below for Mountain Training's definition:

http://www.mountain-training.org/walking/skills-and-awards/mountain-leader/...

As for what details to include in your logbook its more or less self explanatory, once you have selected the type of activity and then the area it was in, fill in the boxes highlighting the date it took place, the type (QMD or non-QMD) and the style (leader or equal) of the walk, the duration and the some details about the weather - you can also include camping/overnight details should it be applicable.

Don't forget to include the hills/mountains climbed.

When writing up a description of the walk I like to keep it short and sweet, brief details of the route taken, the weather and some details about the group (number of members).

Facebook also have some excellent group pages for trainee ML's:

UK Trainee Mountain Leaders 

Scottish Trainee Mountain Leaders 

If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me an email - happy to help. 

Harrison 

Post edited at 16:13

Thank you I just wanted to know the details I should add into the description bix when adding a log. But keeping it brief with most important points seems the way. Did not know that f you had to write a full story or not. 

Thank you. 

Some people seem to write an essay, but basically if the details you've already entered don't fully justify why you think it was a qmd just explain it, and put enough details that you could remember and discuss the day if needed. 

Jungle_153 14 Oct 2018

I've recently moved from the paper logs I've had since before the DLog. I've found the quickest way is to upload the gpx file and the Dlog seems to fill everything in for me. I just change the date and any other details that are not quite right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...