NEW ROUTE CARD: Moruisg and Sgurr nan Ceannaichean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rising between Glen Carron and the wild upper reaches of Strathconon, the range comprising Moruisg and Sgurr nan Ceannaichean has an independent feel, with open views spanning the nearby Monar Munros along with the crazy skyline of the Coulin, Torridon and Fisherfield hills. Moruisg is an easily accessible 3000-er, but while it was demoted from Munro to Corbett status over a decade ago, its neighbour Sgurr nan Ceannaichean is arguably the more interesting of the two peaks. But you don't have to choose either or: this enjoyable and relatively bite-sized route includes both.

7.33 miles, 11.80 km, 964m ascent, 4 – 5 hours. Lochcarron or Dingwall

Read more

Pero 12 Jul 2021
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I did these today.  It's a shame Ceannaichean has been demoted, as up and down Moruisg from the road would be pretty boring.  And I guess that's what a lot of people will do now.

The best part of the day is the ridge between the two with views to the expanse of mountains on both sides.

As far as I'm concerned, once a Munro always a Munro.  If the SMC wants to tinker with things, they should have their own list of the "SMC 3,000ers".  Ceannaichean is staying on my list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...