Mont Chetif

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 12 Nov 2018

Has anyone made an ascent of Mont Chetif, just outside Courmayeur. Although it looks a bit craggy and scrambly I'm just wondering if it's "do-able" for a hill walker.

Removed User 12 Nov 2018
In reply to Removed UserBoingBoing:

Bump

Phil Murray 12 Nov 2018

I've walked up it, in summer, there are paths up & around it if you buy the local 1:25000 map. We encountered Italian picnickers on the summit. Nice day walk! We drove up from Val Veni & parked quite high up - at about 1700m I think. 

Removed User 12 Nov 2018
In reply to Phil Murray:

Thanks. I looked at the map and Google Earth and there appears to be a track to within 1100ft of the summit

Phil Murray 12 Nov 2018

A path goes all the way to the top. 

If you're hillwalking at this time of year, please dont' tell me you use Google earth to navigate with. .... maps are for sale in lots of shops in the valleys. 

Removed User 12 Nov 2018

Follow the TMB from Courmayeur, steep path through the woods to the col, very pleasant, stunning views.

Removed User 13 Nov 2018
In reply to Phil Murray:

> If you're hillwalking at this time of year, please dont' tell me you use Google earth to navigate with. ....

Please tell me your comment was tongue in cheek.

I might not be the brightest spark but I am not that stupid.

MG 13 Nov 2018

There are ski pistes round the back.  From the high point of these , there is a path to the top and the biggest Madonna I have ever seen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...