Moffat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ridge 17 Oct 2021

I'm going to be in Moffat in March, and was wondering what's available in the way of 10ish mile circular walks around that area. The devil's beef tub, Grey Mare's tail and a loop of the surrounding hills, and Hart Fell from Blackshope seem to be the popular ones.

Any other suggestions?

Post edited at 11:58
In reply to Ridge:

Croft Head and Capel Fell make a lesser but interesting round from Bellshaw Pool.

OP Ridge 17 Oct 2021
In reply to Deleated bagger:

Thanks, much appreciated.

Lankyman 18 Oct 2021
In reply to Ridge:

Carrifran Gans and Saddle Yoke ridges somehow escaped my attention when I was plugging away at the hills above Moffat. Did the other heights above the main glens there and they were good. Coming down Carrifran Glen might be awkward now given the re-wilding work there?

DaveHK 18 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Carrifran Gans and Saddle Yoke ridges somehow escaped my attention when I was plugging away at the hills above Moffat. 

Saddle Yoke is well worth going to, it's an interesting feature.

Gary Gibson 21 Oct 2021
In reply to Ridge:ask Jerry?

In reply to Ridge:

Check out "Roaming in the Wild" on iPlayer. They were recently down that way. 

desmondo1 22 Oct 2021
In reply to Ridge:

If you don't mind a drive, a scenic one, you can do Ettrick Pen, Wind Fell & Loch Fell and return by Southern Upland Way to car.

Also across from Grey Mares Tail the ridge from Herman Law to Bodesbeck Law covers 4 Donalds. Better if there is a car either end, if not return by ridge descending back to car just before Herman Law.

Great views and you will not meet many other walkers, if any.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...