Linn of Dee without a car?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi,

If I catch the bus up to Braemar, does anyone know if there is a braemar taxi (suspect not) or is the only way to Linn of Dee to walk from Braemar? 

And if the only way is to walk, I assume that the best way is along the road to the bridge at Mar?

thanks

James

Doug 29 May 2022
In reply to James Richardson:

hitch ?

spenser 29 May 2022

There are a few places in Braemar that will hire bikes out, if it's a day trip that may be a good option?

Kalna_kaza 29 May 2022

I've hitched a few times there without issue, both on the way there and way back.

Assuming that you will be carrying outdoor gear there should be some helpful like-minded individuals driving past.

Thanks all. It’s a one way crossing with my teenage son and one of his mates. Was hoping to avoid car retrieval logistics by using public transport. 

StuDoig 29 May 2022

I suspect you'll struggle with 3 of you for a hitch in unfortunately, though you never know your luck...

Can't think of a taxi firm in braemar, but there are others up the glen that I suspect would run you along if pre-booked (for a price!).  Give the hostel a call - they're likely to be able to advise better.

I wouldn't walk along the road personally, if you walk up to the duck pond you can pick up the birkwood trail on the south side of the glen, and link up various landy tracks in the woods till pretty much Victoria bridge over to mar lodge, then walk through the lodges grounds (no access issues) and pickup more landy tracks to lui water - cuts a good distance off the start!

normal post arwen caveats about blocked tracks apply! 🙂

cheers

stu 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...