Liechtenstein

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Has anyone any advice for hiking/ places to visit in Liechtenstein?

Good places to go? Areas to avoid?

Any must visits?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Sherlock 25 Sep 2022
In reply to Northern Climber:

Went there for a few days break in the middle of a Euro bouldering trip.We weren't looking for climbing so sorry can't help you there.The capital was forensically clean, the people cheery and friendly.We decided it was a bit Stepford Wives for our taste but will happily admit to not poking under the surface and we may have well missed some more interesting aspects of the place.

McHeath 25 Sep 2022

I was based in Vaduz for a week one Autumn; I just bought a 1:25000 map and headed into the mountains west of the town every day. Great ridge walks, you can't really go wrong. Best experience was being high on a rocky ridge with the Rhein valley way below behind me, and watching a Golden Eagle basically glide round the border of the entire country in about 20 min.

Post edited at 18:55
 McHeath 29 Sep 2022
In reply to McHeath:

Sorry, just read this again and it should of course be "east of the town". Going west, you´d get wet feet...

geoff b 03 Nov 2022

Stayed with friends in nearby Rankweil (Austria) a few years back. If you have bikes the Drei Lande (3 country) cycle route is well worth doing. It weaves through Austria, Switzerland & Liechtenstein, past medieval castles, the Rhine etc.....no passports shown either, as we were on minor roads the whole time. 

A drive up to the Appenzell area (1.5hrs?)will get you to a stunning walk, with scrambling & via ferrata options, to the Santis observatory. This is on the stunning ridge that overlooks the Rhine valley. It's a long day but well worth the effort.

There's a couple of good via ferrata above Altach/Hohenems, near the Kapf peak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...