Lake District weather this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Johnson 16 Mar 2018

I had planned to nip up to the Lakes for a quick weekend backpacking trip before the snow vanishes. Looking at MWIS and the LD weatherline I'm seeing "gale force winds", "bitterly cold", "significant windchill", "walking arduous". I'm now bouncing between stay at home with a book and a glass of red and go on you won't have another chance for a while. Anyone else similarly conflicted? Am I just being a softy?

My plans were Eskdale / Wasdale / Langdale area. What are the conditions like on the ground?

Tom the tall 16 Mar 2018
In reply to Andy Johnson: The snow has gone apart from on the highest fells, and there is always something to do. Just choose your day out to suit the conditions. Better to get some fresh air than fester, I  reckon.

GrahamUney 16 Mar 2018
In reply to Andy Johnson:

The Met Office are forecasting significant snow for East Cumbria from tonight until Sunday, with a gradual thaw from Monday. 

Simon Caldwell 16 Mar 2018
In reply to GrahamUney:

The western limit of the warning area lies roughly on the eastern edge of the Lake District, so most of the hills should be snow-free.

Though every time they update the warnings, the affected area seems to be growing...

redsonja 16 Mar 2018
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Stick to your plan. As Tom the tall says there is always something to do and you could always do something at low level. I was out on the fells round Wet Sleddale yesterday and they didn't seem and soggier than usual. Ground conditions are fine. And think how good you will feel on Monday if you come here compared to staying at home! 

OP Andy Johnson 16 Mar 2018
In reply to redsonja:

Thanks for the encouragement! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...