Lake District fells for sunrise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 16 Jan 2020

Could anyone recommend a (or some) lake district fells which might provide a decent view of the sunrise?

Not sure how reliable it is but this website suggests it might be a clear morning on Saturday

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/High-Street-Lake-District/forecasts...

There are some bonus criteria! 

Parking within c.20-30 min drive of Ambleside; the view should be less than 1.5hour walk from the parking (I don't want to have to get up too early!)

Thanks for any advice! 

P.s. I had considered High Street as that seems to have a good Eastern facing view but I'm not sure we'd be able to get up there in time from Hartsop without setting off earlier than I want to.

plyometrics 16 Jan 2020
In reply to elliot.baker:

Ill Bell. Park at Kentmere church. Get some good inversions there too sometimes. 

graeme jackson 16 Jan 2020

> P.s. I had considered High Street as that seems to have a good Eastern facing view but I'm not sure we'd be able to get up there in time from Hartsop without setting off earlier than I want to.

Park at the Kirkstone inn and head up to Stoney cove pike. If you have time you could carry on towards high street over thornthwaite crag.

BnB 16 Jan 2020

Swirl Howe accessed from the summit of Wrynose Pass. You get a fantastic view of the Scafell Range and 1000 ft of motorised uplift. It’s also one of the best vantage points for picking out all the major summits as the sun hits them.

Lankyman 16 Jan 2020

Place Fell from Patterdale. Park near White Lion - should be space in the layby at your time of day.

Medleysdad 16 Jan 2020

Drive to the top of Hardknott Pass and amble up to Hard Knott Summit.  That's pretty easy.

Or if you sleep in, leave the car in Ambleside and just walk to the top of Wansfell Pike

BnB 16 Jan 2020
In reply to Medleysdad:

That’s just a more rubbish version of my suggestion with a longer drive,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...